Current and future program producers for Peach City Radio are invited, and encouraged to attend our upcoming All Programmers Meeting, either Thursday February 6
@ 6:00pm - 7:30pm OR Tuesday February 11
@ 6:00pm - 7:30pm. Both sessions will take place at the Penticton Museum Archive Room at 785 Main St. (first door on your left as you enter from the main parking lot).
There is no need to confirm your attendance. These sessions are also open to anyone interested in getting involved with program production for Peach City Radio, so please feel free to bring a friend.
Your programming committee has been working hard over the past year to create resources and establish practises which allow members to easily contribute audio files to Peach City Radio's website, and online stream. During this session, we will be covering essentials; the essentials that we feel all current and future program producers should know about how Peach City Radio currently operates. These include:
- filling out and submitting a program application form
- audio file formats & file metadata (ID3 tags) (NEW)
- logging of your audio file for radio (NEW)
- uploading your audio to our web server
- how the PCR web site works (program pages, most recent audio, etc...)
- how the PCR online stream works (scheduling, uploading)
- program peer evaluations (NEW)
- where to find these and other resources (NEW)
This will also be an opportunity to interact with the members of our committee, ask questions and give comments. Our hope is that at the end of this session, you will have gained a better understanding of how your program audio gets (or will get) from your computer, to our listeners.
We hope to see you there!